Search This Blog

Welcome To my blog!

Hello! this is my blog, Rainforest Fun. I am Samreen, editor of this blog. In this website, all we talk about is nature and how we can protect it. I will post something every 1-3 days.







~~~~~~~~~Samreen~~~~~~~



Friday, August 6, 2010

Plankton

As you might know, plankton is the first item in the food chain, if you want to know more, here is a Wikipedia extract:

"Plankton are any drifting organisms (animals, plants, archaea, or bacteria) that inhabit the pelagic zone of oceans, seas, or bodies of fresh water. Plankton are defined by their ecological niche rather than phylogenetic or taxonomic classification. They provide a crucial source of food to larger, more familiar aquatic organisms such as fish and cetacea."

Simpler form by me:

Plankton are any small drifting stuff that live in the deeper parts of the oceans, seas and lakes. They provide food for more other bigger fishes and the whales.



Plankton is getting extinct! (I read it in the papers, SCIENCE LIFE)

No comments: